Rainbows! Sprinkles! Unicorn Bars! Let’s all smile together now.
If ever there was a recipe designed to make you happy, this is it. These are Unicorn Bars and they are buttery, sprinkle filled joy.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sprinkles
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- blue food coloring
- sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla, eggs and salt and whisk until smooth. Using a rubber spatula stir in the flour until just combined. Finally stir in the sprinkles.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are set. The bars might seen underdone, but allow them to cool completely.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer beat the butter for 1-2 minutes until it’s smooth. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the powdered sugar. Next add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix on medium speed until it’s creamy, scraping the sides as necessary. If the frosting is too stiff add in 1 more tablespoon of milk until the desired consistency is reached. Finally add in 1-2 drops of blue fool coloring and mix until a pale blue color is reached and evenly mixed.
- Pipe or spread the frosting on top of the bars.
- Garnish with more sprinkles if desired.
You can find complete recipes of this YUMMY UNICORN BARS in cookiesandcups.com