- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 jalapenos, stemmed and seeded (You can substitute 1-2 habanero or serrano peppers.)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 15 ounce can crushed san marzano tomatoes
- 4.5 ounce can diced green chiles (mild, medium, or hot)
- Place the fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, lime juice, cumin, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the contents are fine and well blended.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and green chiles. Puree until mostly smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can find complete recipes of this The Best Homemade Salsa Recipe in aspicyperspective.com