I’m a big fan of savory breakfasts and this Spinach Mushroom and Feta Crustless Quiche might be my new favorite. It has endless possibilities and is a cinch to make. …plus, it reheats well in the microwave for a quick dinner!
A quiche is basically an egg and milk custard filled with all sorts of other things (usually cheese and vegetables). Traditionally, quiches are baked into a pie crust but I felt that I had enough cheese in here to cover my fat ration for the day so I just skipped the crust. If you want your quiche in a crust, make this super simple 60 second pie crust.
To make this recipe extra economical, use vegetables that are in season and on sale for a low price. You can do bell peppers, squash, broccoli, anything. I had some mushrooms that I had planned to use for my slow cooker marinara, but forgot about, so I used them in this.
I also had leftover feta, parmesan, and mozzarella, so in they went! Lastly, I bought a super inexpensive box of frozen spinach. I probably went overboard on the cheese but I had it on hand, so I had to use it up!
- 8 oz. button mushrooms $1.99
- 1 clove garlic, minced $0.08
- 10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed $1.09
- 4 large eggs $0.83
- 1 cup milk $0.39
- 2 oz. feta cheese $0.87
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan $0.39
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella $0.50
- Salt & pepper to taste $0.05
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Squeeze the excess moisture from the thawed spinach.
- Rinse any dirt or debris from the mushrooms, then slice thinly. Mince the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a non-skillet spritzed lightly with non-stick spray (or a splash of cooking oil).
- Sauté the mushrooms and garlic until the mushrooms are soft and all of their moisture has evaporated away (5-7 minutes).
- Coat a 9-inch pie dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the squeeze-dried spinach in the bottom of the pie dish.
- Place the sautéed mushrooms on top of the spinach, followed by the crumbled feta.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and Parmesan. Season lightly with pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and feta in the pie dish.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella.
You can find complete recipes of this SPINACH MUSHROOM AND FETA CRUSTLESS QUICHE in budgetbytes.com