Soft Batch Chocolate Fudge Cookies with a gooey pocket of salted caramel inside! Pure decadence.
We’re heading to Paris on Wednesday! The trip was originally just for a quick two-day conference, but after much debate, we’ve decided to stretch it out and stay for a week. I’ve never been to the city of light before, so I’m beyond excited to eat, explore, and eat some more.
Coffee, chocolate, croissants, and cozy sweaters! I cannot wait. Today’s cookie recipe is my go-to cure when I have a chocolate craving that just-won’t-quit. These Soft Batch Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cookies are:
- Super soft
- Sweet And simply amazing
The recipe I used to make them is almost the same as my famous soft batch double chocolate fudge cookies. These cookies are made with simple ingredients like flour, cocoa powder, butter, chocolate, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, and vanilla. ← Proof basic ingredients,when combined properly, can create epic recipes!
- 12 salted caramels, see post for more information
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- Unwrap the caramels, roll each one into a ball, and place them on a freezer-safe plate.
- Place the plate in the freezer for 10 minutes. In the meantime, prep your cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a small, microwave safe bowl.
- Heat them in the microwave for for 15 second increments of time, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth.
- Set aside. *You may also do this process on the stove top if you don’t own a microwave.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine – be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold in the chocolate/ butter mixture and the milk chocolate chips into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined.
You can find complete recipes of this SOFT BATCH SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES in bakerbynature.com