I know. It’s not really pie. I’m not trying to fool anyone here. THIS DOES NOT TASTE LIKE PIE.
Seriously there is no substitute for pumpkin pie.
However, I totally suggest you make this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie for breakfast on Thanksgiving. It’s like a “pie warmup.” You’ll be ready for pie after drinking one of these!
Well, doesn’t that intro make you want to whip up one of these smoothies in your blender? Bwahahaha.
While it may not taste like pie, it is delicious. Add in a scoop of vanilla protein powder, and you have yourself a filling breakfast that will keep you satisfied until the turkey comes out of the oven!
This is actually a great use for some of that leftover canned pumpkin pie filling you may have sitting around. You know, from making these, and these, and these!
I’ve got some more great smoothie recipes here on the blog. If you scroll down after the recipe below, I’ve shared a few of my favorites!
Have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Be sure to stop back here next week, as I have a fun GIVEAWAY for you all!
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp agave nectar (or honey would work too)
- 3 Tbsp milk
- pinch nutmeg and whipped cream, optional garnish
- In a blender (I love this one, it does a great job crushing the ice), combine pumpkin, banana, ice, yogurt, spice, agave nectar and milk. Pulse until smooth!
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and pinch of nutmeg.
You can find complete recipes of this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie in shugarysweets.com