Salmon is one of my favorite dinners to make so I should be sharing it a lot more often. It’s generally very easy to prepare, it’s incredibly healthy (it even makes the superfood list) and it’s something I feel great about eating that will fill me up thanks to those healthy fats.
This salmon recipe is definitely going to be added to my rotation! It is deliciously flavorful and it’s a breeze to make. Not to mention, even my kids loved it! I love the tang of the dijon mustard paired with the sweetness of the honey along with a faint zip from the lemon zest.
Then of course I love that crunch from the herbed and oiled Panko mixture. All of the aforementioned ingredients are perfect compliments to salmon, when you try it you’ll see what I mean. Now I just need to go buy more salmon so I can make it again this coming week. Enjoy!
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey and garlic.
- In a shallow dish toss together Panko bread crumbs, parsley and lemon zest.
- Drizzle olive oil over mixture then toss to evenly coat.
- Working with one piece of salmon at a time, brush top with honey mustard mixture season with salt and pepper (don’t overdue it, you’ll be seasoning both sides),
- then rotate and transfer to bread crumb mixture (the honey mustard should be facing down to get the bread crumb mixture to stick to salmon),
- then brush top of salmon with honey mustard mixture and season lightly with salt and pepper and rotate to coat with crumb mixture.
- Transfer to baking dish and repeat with remaining salmon fillets.
- Bake in preheated oven 13 – 15 minutes until salmon has cooked through.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges (from zested lemon) if desired.
You can find complete recipes of this Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon in cookingclassy.com