Once you start making one pan meals on a sheet tray you’ll want to make them as often as possible. They are generally easy to make and they require less clean up. And when you can cook your veggie with your main dish, then why not?
This is a one pan dish that has the perfect combination of flavors! Lemon and parmesan were just made to go together, so I decided to go with a lemon pepper salmon and garlic parmesan asparagus – and indeed it made the perfect one pan dish. And prep couldn’t get any easier, this came together in no time! And I love how it also only takes 15 – 20 minutes to bake.
The other great thing about this is that my whole family loved it! Picky eating kids included. I’m so glad that both of my girls are finally starting to love salmon! It took a long time for me to love it as a kid. I remember the first time I finally I liked it was when my grandma breaded it and deep fried it like chicken nuggets.
Worked like a charm, key to getting a kid to like salmon. Smart grandma :). Now my thoughts on getting kids to like something – cover it with cheese, like so (as long as they don’t have a dairy allergy of course). When there’s cheese it’s got to be good!
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, skin on*
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh cracked black pepper, plus more for asparagus
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs asparagus (medium or thin spears), tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed 17 by 12-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place salmon in center of pan (or see note below). In a mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, dijon, onion powder.
- Brush evenly over top of salmon then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- (add more pepper to taste if desired). Top with lemon slices.
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, remaining 2 cloves garlic and season with salt,
- then place around salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss asparagus then sprinkle asparagus with parmesan.
- Return to oven and bake until salmon has cooked through, about 5 – 10 minutes longer.
- Cut salmon into portions. Serve warm.
You can find complete recipes of this One Pan Roasted Lemon Pepper Salmon and Garlic Parmesan Asparagus in cookingclassy.com