Lemon Chicken Skillet with the super quick and easy recipe that takes only 30 minutes to make: lemon chicken skillet! This chicken is so out-of-this-world delicious! It’s unbelievable that combining just a few simple ingredients, such as lemon pepper, fresh lemons, some flour (I used gluten free!) with chicken and butter can produce such delicious results! You’ll love this recipe
Chicken prepared this way looks beautiful – it makes a very nice presentation. This chicken is great served as-is, or serve it with steamed asparagus, or very flavorful rice pilaf. I love that this recipe uses so many lemons!
I did make a few minor (but important) changes to the recipe directions, so please read my notes (review) below.
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice or pilaf (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove plastic wrap. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt. and lemon pepper.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook the chicken breasts in the hot butter, half at a time, over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add lemon slices to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Return all of the chicken to the skillet, overlapping chicken breasts slightly.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until pan juices are slightly reduced.
- Serve chicken, lemon slices, and pan juices over hot cooked rice or pilaf, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
You can find complete recipes of this Lemon Chicken Skillet in bhg.com