number three came around (about six weeks ago) I’ve been trying really hard to be more healthy. I hate dieting, counting calories etc. (who likes it?) So I’ve been working on just changing my lifestyle to a healthy, happy, state that I can maintain. A huge aspect of making healthy eating maintainable for me is that food still has to be filling and taste good! These healthy buffalo chicken bowls manage both of those things, with flair! My sister gave me the recipe, and I have eaten them at least twice a week ever since.. guilt free!
By the way, can we all agree that the dressing is the best part of any bowl or salad? I was so stoked to find out about these new Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt packets (you can get your special Hidden Valley coupon here), so that I can indulge in dressing guilt free! I swear, it tasted just as good as regular ranch dressing and better than low fat ranch varieties. I found mine super easy at Walmart in the regular dressing aisle.
Mmm, my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures! There are so many delicious flavors in this recipe, I guarantee it will leave your tummy not only full.. but happy! Well, there you have it! I hope your family loves this dish as much as mine does!
- 2 cans corn
- cans black beans
- 3 avocados
- a pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce (I use Franks)
- 1 TBS garlic, minced
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 1/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 TBS milk
- Cook chicken, garlic and hot sauce to slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through, shred it and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl mix together your Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Greek yogurt and milk and stick it in the fridge.
- Next, drain and rinse your corn and black beans and add them to a bowl.
- Rinse and half your cherry tomatoes and add them to the bowl as well.
- Lastly, dice your avocados and add them to the mix!
- Assemble your bowls by adding your veggie mixture, topping with chicken, and finishing them off with some healthy Greek yogurt ranch dressing!
You can find complete recipes of this HEALTHY BUFFALO CHICKEN BOWLS in prettyprovidence.com