A healthy gluten-free Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet recipe that is definitely a flavourful comfort food to share joy. I don’t know about you guys, but I am very excited for the Holidays.
This year I will be celebrating Christmas with my family in Brazil. Oh Gosh, I can’t even describe with words how much happy I am, especially because it will be my first Christmas with my family since 2010.
Also, my family is getting bigger. My lovely sister is pregnant and the baby will probably due at the end of November. So, I am leaving today for Brazil because I just cannot miss this special moment in our lives. It is my first nephew and her first son who will be with us on Christmas. How wonderful is that?? I just can’t wait!! I am counting the hours to get there.
My husband will join me on the Holidays, but for him it will be his first Christmas without snow 😉 He is Canadian and Christmas and hot weather just don’t go together.
Of course he will have a very different experience, but I am sure he will enjoy it because we celebrate this special date pretty much like everybody else in the world. As I said I am leaving today and I will come back only in January. That’s right!! I will be in Brazil for two months (YESSSSS… So happy) which means I will be posting from the hot weather and where the sun shines there all year long 😉
Don’t wrong, I’ll be posting new recipes every week from Brazil and I am sure you will love all the flavourful, healthy and delicious recipes I’ll be creating down there. South America has lots of great ingredients that make any dish even tastier. If you don’t want to miss anything from this blog you just need to subscribe to my newsletter and you will receive new recipes into your inbox plus a free E-cookbook.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- In an iron cast skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic.
- Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender.
- Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary,
- add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- While the sweet potato is cooking pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender,
- add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.
You can find complete recipes of this Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet in primaverakitchen.com