I grew up eating zucchini muffins for breakfast and chocolate zucchini cake for dessert. So moist and delicious, plus you can’t even tell that they are full of zucchini! Of course we don’t eat gluten anymore, so I decided to come up with my own gluten free chocolate zucchini muffins! A recipe that marries the breakfast muffins with the chocolate cake dessert. Oh yeah, they are tasty. Even better when you top them with some homemade whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips — I use this kind because they are gluten, soy and dairy free
- 2 tablespoons organic, fair trade cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar — where to find
- 1 cup gluten free flour — where to find
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup organic zucchini, shredded with the liquid squeezed out
- Optional: sometimes I like to give my chocolate treats a mocha flavor. When I do this, I just add one packet of my favorite coffee to the mix. This stuff is a super healthy mushroom coffee, so it makes the chocolate treat a healthy mocha treat!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil
You can find complete recipes of this Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins in realfoodrn.com