My wife came across this recipe a couple of years ago and suggested I try it since I love shrimp so much. It’s a very healthy version of shrimp scampi and it’s amazingly easy to prepare.
I tend to go for the surf and turf when we go out to a restaurant for dinner. Most restaurants prepare shrimp scampi in a lot of butter and white wine, where this recipe has no butter and cuts the white wine with low sodium chicken broth.
So give this one a try. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to prepare, and how delicious it tastes!
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds med raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 T minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep them warm.
- In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; and bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
- Makes 4 servings
You can find complete recipes of this Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi in smokedngrilled.com