Even though it doesn’t get too cold at the Disneyland Parks in the winter, it’s cold enough that you’ll want a jacket…and some of their AMAZING Hot Chocolate from the Napa Rose Restaurant in the Grand Californian hotel.
I’m dreaming of this pricey hot chocolate while 9 months pregnant, but there’s no way I am going to Disneyland anytime soon! I decided to make some of my own from the comfort of my own kitchen. It was definitely worth the trip to the grocery store, even in my state. 😉
This creamy, dreamy hot chocolate is served at the Napa Rose restaurant in the Grand Californian Hotel. Now you can make it in your own kitchen!
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate, grated
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- ground cinnamon for topping
- In a medium sauce pan, pour milk and heavy cream.
- Heat over medium-high heat (be sure to watch it carefully – you don’t want it to boil or scald!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugar and milk chocolate.
- Slowly add this dry mixture to the milk mixture until completely combined. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, and stir until completely combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon, and additional chocolate shavings, if desired.
You can find complete recipes of this Disneyland’s Hot Chocolate in sixsistersstuff.com