Sweet and creamy honey mustard sauce that takes LESS than 5 minutes to pull together, with minimal ingredients and maximum taste. Yesssss, I’m ALL about that simple quick flavour. It’s an unconditional love type situation I have with honey mustard. But then there’s THIS creamy honey mustard that compares to nothing else. Just staring at these pictures all over again…..well, oh em gee.
Since you guys have been loving this Honey Mustard Chicken, Avocado + Bacon Salad, mostly writing in to tell me that salad hating husbands have now been converted to salad loving men (you’re welcome, by the way), I know in my heart of food hearts that it’s the combination of chicken → bacon → honey mustard → that has helped the transformations. So, I thought, what would happen if I turned that into the ultimate of comfort foods → throwing in a creamy sauce → for an epic dinner recipe that would rock our worlds and our senses?
I took this recipe, made a few changes, and developed the best creamy honey mustard chicken I’ve ever tried. IN my life time. Most recipes I’ve tried in the past call for 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of mustard in a whole entire pan of cream (in my world, that’s about the size of 2 pin-heads going into a haystack). What is that amount supposed to do? My taste buds are forever searching around for HONEY and MUSTARD flavours, coming up with only an infinitesimal trace. Ugh.
Not this sauce, friends. This sauce will have you weak at the knees, drinking it straight from the pan and good luck to anyone else that’s too slow not to come up with that idea first because now there’s none left. Type of thing.
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 level tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to season
- 5 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- ½ cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat
- ⅓ cup cream (light or reduced fat) *SEE NOTES FOR SUBSTITUTION OPTIONS
- 1 cup milk (skim, 2% or full fat – almond milk may be used for a dairy free option)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (corn flour) mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the honey, mustard, garlic, oil and salt to taste (not too much salt if serving with bacon as the bacon will add a salty flavour when served). Coat chicken evenly in the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or skillet) over medium heat. Fry bacon until crispy; transfer to a plate. To the same pan, sear chicken fillets on each side in the oil left over from the bacon until just beginning to brown (about 3 minutes per side — not completely cooked through as we will finish them in the sauce).
You can find complete recipes of this CREAMY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN WITH CRISPY BACON in cafedelites.com