Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice: brown rice, cooked chicken, and lots of cheese all swimming in a decadent, yet healthy cream sauce. This is a dish that everyone loves.
I decided on this Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole as my first recipe to share with you because it is easy, tastes extremely indulgent, and appeals to just about every palate–including children!!! Be sure to read the tips below the recipe as well.
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups steamed brown rice (4 cups AFTER cooking) This is 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in flour, chopped thyme, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously. Whisk until thick and nearly boiling then stir in cheese until melted. Stir in cooked rice and chicken and then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through. Serve.
You can find complete recipes of this Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice in amindfullmom.com