Rice Crispy (or Krispy) Treats were a favorite of mine growing up. I’m thinking my mom made them a lot because they are so easy. No baking, only a few minutes involved, and so good! I still love them and I wanted to try making them with coconut oil in place of the butter- it was a great idea! You will not miss the butter- promise!!
All you need is 3 simple ingredients to make these. It can’t get much easier than that!One tip I have is to make sure the pan you use is big enough. It has to hold not only all those melted marshmallow, but also all the rice crispies. I have had a mess more than once trying to make these work in a too small pan.
These are gooey, sweet, and the perfect combination of crispies and marshmallows. I know that might not seem like a big deal, but I have definitely had overly dry and overly marshmallowy treats. Made this way will result in ooey, gooey, soft, pillowy, sweet squares. They are perfect!
Because coconut oil replaces the butter, these are dairy free. They can also easily be made gluten free if you use gluten free rice crispy cereal. I made them with both regular and gluten free cereal and both turned out great.
You will love these Coconut Oil Rice Crispy Treats because they are so fast, easy, and delicious!
- 1/4 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil
- 1 10.5 oz bag marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Line a 9×9 square pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large pan, combine coconut oil and marshmallows over medium heat until completely melted. This should take 4-5 minutes and make sure to stir constantly so the bottom doesn’t burn.
You can find complete recipes of this Coconut Oil Rice Crispy Treats in goldenbarrel.com