Stuffed zucchini boats filled with the flavors of chicken parmesan. This low carbohydrate, high protein meal will leave you feeling satisfied!
I love swapping out the processed ingredients in recipes for whole fruits and vegetables!
That was the idea for these chicken parmesan zucchini boats. Instead of having a fried piece of chicken on a bed of pasta, this recipe calls for sautéed ground chicken served in hollowed out zucchini. It gets the chicken parmesan essence from mixing pasta sauce into the chicken. And, of course, the whole thing gets covered in mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
To make this recipe, start by cutting some zucchini in half. Use a spoon to scrape the seeds and the middle out of the zucchini, creating zucchini boats.
Brown some ground chicken in a skillet. Stir in some garlic and pasta sauce. Then, spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats.
Cover the zucchini with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese. Cover, and bake until the cheese is melted and the zucchini is soft.
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1¾ pounds)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: sliced fresh basil for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a spoon. Add the salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally and break down the chicken into small chunks.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the garlic to the chicken. Cook 1 minute stirring often. Add the pasta sauce. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
You can find complete recipes of this CHICKEN PARMESAN ZUCCHINI BOATS RECIPE in thewholesomedish.com