This Caramel Banana Cream Pie recipe from Aimee over at Like Mother Like Daughter has a delicious graham cracker crust, followed by a caramel layer, topped by banana pudding AND whipped cream for a delicious twist on traditional banana cream pie!
I’ve mentioned before that banana cream pie is my favorite ever! So when I knew I needed to make a pie for Pi Day (3.14) I knew that a twist on banana cream pie would be the perfect solution! Adding caramel to the pie takes it to the next level without adding too much difficulty.
I started with my simple banana cream pie recipe. A quick and buttery homemade graham cracker crust, topped with banana slices, caramel, and vanilla banana pudding, and whipped cream for good measure. Drizzle each slice with a little more caramel for decoration if desired.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
For the Pie Filling:
- 2 bananas
- 1 11oz package caramels, unwrapped
- 3-4 TBS heavy cream
- 1 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.5 oz instant banana cream pudding mix
- 2½ cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- Crush your graham crackers into a fine crumb. (It should make about 1½ cups).
- Mix together your sugar with your graham cracker crumb in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour your melted butter over the top of your crumb and mix it all together.
- Pour your crust mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie crust pan and press down on the bottom and the edges.
- Cut your bananas into slices and lay them over your graham cracker crust.
- Combine your caramels and heavy cream in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over medium until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring throughout.
- Pour caramel over banana slices (reserve about ¼ cup if desired for later).
You can find complete recipes of this CARAMEL BANANA CREAM PIE in lmld.org