I’ve taken two of the best desserts out there and combined them into one knock-out recipe!
This Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Cheesecake is rich, decadent and full of that delicious caramel flavor!
You know how much I love cheesecake. Well, this cheesecake recipe is beyond simple to make, and is sure to please everyone.
Unless you’re allergic to pecans…
The cheesecake base is my classic recipe filled with 4 bricks of nutrient rich cream cheese and bone healthy sour cream (you could easily use plain greek yogurt in place of the sour cream), but rather than using regular white sugar to lightly sweeten it, I substituted in a little bit of brown sugar.
It’s the perfect base for a layer of pecan pie.
Obviously I’m all about simple, simple, simple… so when it came to adding that pecan pie layer on top, I went the easy route.
All I did was coarsely chop some pecans and spread them over the cheesecake filling. Then I whisked some eggs and caramel ice cream topping together to create a rich and delicious pecan pie filling. Just pour it over the pecans and bake the cheesecake!
I won’t lie, the filling was really close to the top and I was nervous it might over flow while baking. I placed it on top of a foil lined baking sheet just in case, but nothing spilled out! Success!
For the Crust:
- 8 large sheets of graham crackers
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 5 tbsp melted butter
For the Filling:
- 4 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
For the Pecan Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12.25 oz) jar caramel ice cream topping
Optional toppings: pecans and more caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 9″x13″ pan on the bottom rack of your oven and fill half way with water. Position a rack just above the pan, in the middle of the oven.
- To make the crust, use a food processor to combine the graham crackers, pecans and brown sugar until they turn to a fine crumb, drizzle in the melted butter and pulse until combined. Press the crumbs in a 10″ spring form pan in an even layer, and a little up the sides of the pan. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), brown sugar and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of bowl when necessary. Add the (4) eggs one at a time, beating in between. Pour into the spring form pan.
You can find complete recipes of this BROWN SUGAR PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE in iwashyoudry.com