This is the absolute best herb roast potatoes recipe. Potatoes are sliced Hasselback style and roasted till crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. When roasted, they are brushed with a sweet herb butter on the outside and inside each slice for maximum flavor, and extra juicy buttery feel to perfectly compliment the potatoes. This recipe is the perfect side dish!
- 2 lbs mini potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Herb Butter:
- ¼ cup of melted butter or a mixture of butter and olive oil, or entirely olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of mixed fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, basil and oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of red pepper
- optional: lemon zest, capers, jalapeno, Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place each potato on a flat countertop. Take a small knife, slice along the potato thin slices of about 1/16 inch thickness making sure not to go all the way. Slice about half way deep only along the potato.
- Place the sliced potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and toss them evenly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for about 20-25 mins until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- In the meantime, place all the butter ingredients in a small bowl and mix them well.
- Once the potatoes are out of the oven and still how, take a brush or small spoon and divide the butter evenly on the tops, sides and inside each lice of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Source of this BEST HERB ROAST POTATOES is twopurplefigs.com