What if I told you that you DON’T need to melt chocolate or chocolate chips with butter together to make brownies, AND you don’t need two separate bowls. Just one bowl and 5 minutes bringing it all together to make the BEST freaking brownies you’ve ever eaten in this lifetime. The best part is they’re only 144 calories EACH! Better than the usual 356 calorie brownies, am I right?
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1⅛ cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose | plain flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a mediumn-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt, gently stirring the dry ingredients through the wet, until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
You can find complete recipes of this BEST FUDGY COCOA BROWNIES in cafedelites.com