Simple healthy 3-ingredient Baked Sweet Potato Chips recipe, perfect for after-school snacks and spring picnic baskets!
Lately I’ve been buying bags of gourmet vegetable chips to serve with dips at cocktail parties and neighborhood gatherings. After all, they’re colorful, uniquely flavored, and seem to be appreciated by friends with certain food allergies.
After looking back at my grocery receipts over the last few weeks, it occurred to me that I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of money on fancy chips this month. Yikes!
I’m not a cheapskate by any stretch, but I hate to waste money on things I can easily make myself. Especially when my version is quick and just as good, if not better.
So today I’m sharing my Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe. It’s super simple to make, requires only 3 ingredients, and tastes like better than store bought chips, because they’re fresh!
Plus, making sweet potato chips at home allows you full control of chip thickness, fat content, and seasoning.Not. T oo. Shabby. To make Baked Sweet Potato Chips at home…
Slice sweet potatoes very thin on a mandolin slicer. You can use a standard chef’s knife to cut the sweet potatoes, but it’s much faster on a mandolin. You can also choose to slice your sweet potatoes thicker for sturdier chips, but they will take a little longer to bake. I like mine super thin and crispy.
Place the sweet potato slices in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over the top. Toss the slices with your hands to make sure every single slice is kissed with oil on both sides.
Lay the sweet potato slices on baking sheets in a single layer.
Lightly sprinkle the unbaked chips with Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt. The kosher salt flakes are large and flat, so they hold tight to the oiled chips and offer great salty flavor that brings out each chip’s natural sweetness.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a mandolin slicer to cut the sweet potatoes into paper-thin rounds.
- (I set mine to the thinnest setting.) You can use a knife to do this, but it takes much longer.
- Pile all the sweet potato rounds into a large bowl and pour the olive oil over the top.
- Gently toss to coat every piece with oil.
- Then lay the sweet potato rounds out on the baking sheets in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the chips lightly with Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Then move the chips to a bowl, or plastic bag to store.
- If you happen to find a few chips with soft centers, pop them back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Baked Sweet Potato Chips in aspicyperspective.com