Apple Pie Egg Rolls!! If you like the OLD McDonald’s apple pies (the fried ones!) you will LOVE these! Crispy shells with a warm apple pie filling.
I love these guys! They were simple to make and super yummy!
I may be aging myself here but… do you remember being a kid.. the OLD Apple Pies from McDonalds before they were baked? When they were crispy deep fried instead of flaky? I loved those… and I miss those! THESE taste like those! 🙂
I don’t deep fry very often so to fry these I put about 3/4″ of vegatable oil in a frying pan and just cooked them a couple of minutes on each side until they were browned.
I used apples fresh off of our apple tree and they were quite soft. A softer variety of apple is preferred for this recipe as they don’t take very long to cook! Be sure to cut your apples small.
If you use a harder variety of apple (such as granny smith) they may still be crisp when you cook the egg rolls. Although I did not precook my filling, it can be put in the microwave for a minute or so and cooled before filling to slightly soften the apples if preferred.
- 3 cups apples, peeled and diced (approx. 3 apples)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Oil for Frying
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly.
- Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in.
- If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
You can find complete recipes of this APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS in spendwithpennies.com